Miss Azul Press Conference Runway

On Saturday, the fifteen elegant finalists of the Miss Azul Contest walked the runway and were asked one question while on stage. 


The hot lights beating down on us, nerves about an unknown question kept us quiet backstage as we patiently awaited our turn. In SL I'm posed and ready, in RL I'm pumped, my hands are shaking! I took a deep breath as I heard Falbala, the modeling director for the press conference count me down.
"Shannon Ready?" she asks.
"Ready", I respond. Let's do this. I can see down the long white runway. Don't look at the crowd Shannon, just concentrate on your mark. I tell myself.
"3......2.....1....."
"You got this baby," Blake whispers. I hold in my breath.
"GO".
Click ..Click.. boom and I move on to the stage. I hear the applause as I concentrate on my steps, almost there. Cotton Candy introduces me, like the ladies before me, she rattles off the description of my outfit. " Today Shannon is headed to the office in a color mixed version of -AZUL- Evelyn. She's chosen the top in Morganite color and the skirt in Onyx.. Shannon has combine both skirt ruffles to add a touch of color to the skirt. The back of the top is Shannon's favorite part with it's delicately made drapes, accented with a gold ribbon. The belt is a touch of style she's added, made by Zuri, finishing off with Shoes by Belleza. With Pencils in her hair and her briefcase at the ready, Shannon is ready to take care of business. "


I strike a pose....

Photo Courtesy of Illargi Dover


I can hear, them speeding us up, I have to hurry. I hit another pose, then another. My question from the press is coming, Thinking fast on my feet I am asked a question from Diamondgem Destiny, the Miss Virtual World Organization COO. Diamondgem asked "In your opinion, Is it better to have loyalty or be well known." My eyes light up! That's a great question! I instantly know my answer. Cotton Candy goes on talking about me, reading my biography, I can't listen I have to concentrate, I'm tired of hearing about myself anyway and this question is a wonderful one! I fumble through my typng, get the okay and blurt out my answer "Hi Dimondgem, thank you for your question, I'm excited to be here with you today. Loyalty is my answer." I go on to tell her why, that anyone can be known for anything now days, but loyalty is built on trust, and should be treasured. Striking a few more poses, quickly, I hear.
"Shannon EXIT in 3...2...1" And boom! I'm turned and walking back. Walk a straight line Shannon, it's not your first day! I'm thinking as I make my exit. Standing back with the ladies again awaiting the final group entrance I look over my outfit. a good strong but feminine choice. I think I'll save this one and wear it again! Mami Jewell knows quality! I check my hair and it's almost time to go on stage again. Hmm.. why didn't I tie my answer into the Brand? My business mind kicks in, as a brand it's important to be BOTH well known and have customer loyalty. I make a face and think, well... my answer was from my personal side, and from the heart, no changing it now.

"Shannon, Taylor, Yeri, Ready?" It's Falbala,
"Ready", we all respond. And back out to the runway we go...!

Photographer: Shannon Bramlington
Photographer: Shannon Bramlington
A special thank you to my fellow contestants, they push the envelope on styling and challenge me at each turn. Thank you to the team of -AZUL- to Chloe and Falbala for directing us, and to Mami Jewell again for her fantasic creations, to the press that came to ask their questions, their intelligent questions were right on! Thank you to Illargi Dover for the runway picture, and the allowed use of it, you "captured my fierce", muah! I'd like to thank my modeling mentor Eibhlíne, the owner of Regal Academy, who's contstant counsel I sincerely admire. Also thank you to the Sweethearts for all their support and encouraging words. Last but not least, my husband Blake, you never let me fall. xoxo. 

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." ―Cicero

               -Live, Breathe, Be -Azul-
Outfit: -AZUL- Evelyn /Morganite Top
-AZUL- Evelyn /Onyx Skirt
 Ruffles of skirt from both of the above,
Shoes: Belleza
Belt: Zuri
Hair: Exile
Earrings: Virtual Impressions
Briefcase: The Secret Store